Thursday, May 29, 2014

My advice for someone new to Knowledge Management

Paul Corney, a great facilitator asked me recently: If you were talking to someone new to Knowledge Management what advice would you give them?’

Here is my response:

"My friend, if you stay focus on the business goals and understand what is high up on your management team's radar, you can make Knowledge Management whatever you want it to be. By the way, avoid using the term "knowledge management",  just talk about how best to connect, collaborate and share knowledge to get work done better and faster (and to develop talents). I have been in this field since 1996, I am regenerating myself every few years, I never have a dull moment. Go for it!"

2 comments:

Saqib Ali said...

Dr. Cheuk,

A humble suggestion to update the advice as follows:

By the way, avoid using the term "knowledge management", just talk about how best to connect, collaborate and share knowledge, while reducing fragmentation and duplication of information to get work done better and faster (and to develop talents).

Thanks,
Saqib

Bonnie Cheuk said...

Very nice comment. Thank you. More to come as in reflect on my Knowledge management. Social collaboration, Enterprise 2.0 journey and the overall trends in the next few blogs....